Tuesday 13 July 2021

Visited Ma for lunch at Behala on 2021-07-13



















Ever since end March 2021, Corona had started showing its ugly side with renewed vigour. Although I got fully vaccinated 18th May, it was dangerous to go and meet Ma who at 80+ got her 1st dose of Covishield only on 2021-07-04. 

I was getting restless to meet her. Moreover, there were important postal mails to be collected from home in Behala and some long pending Post Office related work in Behala, 18 kms south of my second place of stay in Kolkata. 

On Tuesday 2021-07-13, I called up Ma at 9.30 am to tell her that I will be there with her for lunch by 11 am after a gap of about 3+ long months. 

Her extreme love for cooking and ability to churn out delicacies impromptu was evident once again. 
Even while casually chatting with me, she was possibly thinking of what else to prepare with simple ingredients which were already there at home. 
The final outputs were simply WOW 😍. They were lip smacking. They were finger licking good. 

There was: 
rice, 
daal, 
stuffed bhindi, 
fish curry, 
lyangra mangoe, 
rasogolla, 
one variant of salted instantly baked cookie, 
two variants of instantly baked  sweet cookies, 
impromptu 'khaaja' (because it was Ratha Yatra on 12th July), 
thick and creamy chicken liver soup, 
utthapam, 
sweet and sour chutney, 
mango jelly 😋 

The day was well spent. Returned to my abode, a fully contended man at 8.15 pm. 

Note: Suruchi Bhawan, my abode at Jayasree Park, Behala was constructed by my Dadu in 1370 (Bengali Year). For the uninitiated, it's 1428 (as per Bangla Almanac) from mid April 2021. 




* Visiting Ma on 2021-07-13 
* Made By Ma At Home 
* Timeless Fond Recollections

No comments:

Post a Comment