Friday 25 February 2022

Ma was recorded blowing the conch shell 🐚 on 2022-02-16


Ma at 83+ blows the conch shell every evening between 5.30 pm and 6.30 pm first in the pooja room, thereafter in her own bedroom where my late Baba's photo is framed and lastly in my bedroom where another photo of Baba is framed. 
I have grown up seeing her following the ritual without fail in Barakar from my days as a toddler, thereafter in Asansol and finally Kolkata. 
Whenever we three are there in Behala visiting Ma, my daughter even after having grown up, keeps moving from one room to the other with her grandma with folded hands and watch her with awe as she blows the conch shell effortlessly for a looooong duration every time. 
On 2022-02-16, MyDaughterDiksha recorded a video of her 'thamma' in action for the first time ever in my bedroom. 
Ma didn't get to know that her granddaughter had recorded her in the final lap of her daily ritual 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment