Tuesday 21 December 2021

Hard disk drive of Samsung laptop replaced on 2021-12-20




The hard disk drive of my laptop refused to boot since the wee hours of Thursday 2021-12-09. 
My skilled young and highly dependable brother, Dip RC (no blood relation) who had associated with me since 1993 as a 'market researcher', and had subsequently acquired skills and mastered himself in computer hardware and networking has always come to my rescue on any and every issue related to computers and accessories since 1996-97. On Tuesday 2021-12-14 afternoon, he invited me to his place in Garfa in South Kolkata. My worst fear came true. The 500 Gb Seagate/ Samsung branded hard disk of my Samsung laptop bought on 2014-08-14 had gone 'kaput'. 
Only a small part of the 300 odd Gb of extremely valuable data had been backed up about 6 yrs ago. I went into utter depression for a week while he tried to retrieve data from my laptop. 
I just can't express in words how thrilled I was on getting a call from Dip on Monday 2021-12-20 morning asking me to collect the laptop from his place on the same afternoon. 
A brand new 1 Tb Toshiba hard disk drive was fitted into my trusted laptop. Barring about 3 Gb of data which had accumulated over the years in the C: drive, all other data in the D: and E: drive could be retrieved successfully. He even backed up all the retrieved data in the Seagate 1 Tb external HDD which was already there with me and lying unused. 
Collected the 'back to life' laptop from Garfa on 2021-12-20 evening itself. 

Dear Dip, I just can't stop thanking you. I am happy that on my recommendation itself you have assembled over 100 desktop computers and bagged innumerable maintenance contracts. Keep doing the good work. Stay safe and stay happy with your son and wife. As usual, you can always count on me. 

Any individual or organization in Kolkata who require new desktop assembling or laptop repair or anything of such nature, please revert to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment