Saturday 19 October 2019

Haruda's 'sraddha' (last rites) on Saturday, 2019-10-19


Dear Haruda (Amitabha Chattopadhyay), all these years it used to be you who invariably took centre stage and would cheer up all family members and guests in every event and/ or get together, happy or sad.
On Saturday, 2019-10-19 morning it was such a heart wrenching sight watching you smiling at Indrani boudi, Babai (your son), all your cousins (which included me), all your mamas & mamis, other family members, batchmates of BE College and numerous well-wishers from Ganguly Bagan and elsewhere, but from within the frame of a photograph with scores of white 'rajnigandha' flower garlands around you, lighted incense sticks, amidst the chanting of hymns by the purohit (priest).
The dreaded C disease snatched you away from us in exactly about 2 months 10 days on Wednesday, 2019-10-09, a day after Ma Durga left for her abode in the Himalayan ranges.
It took me over 3 hrs to pen these few words because I have broken down everytime I realized that you will no more be there to make me laugh my guts out during another meet.
You will always remain in my mind. I have always had huge respect and regards for you.
I need your blessings.
Om Shanti 😢😢😢
.
.
.
* obituary

No comments:

Post a Comment