Wednesday 5 April 2017

Nautanki by TMC candidate for Lok Sabha 2014 elections

A friend of mine has been awarded a ticket to contest the 2014 Lok Sabha polls from Kolkata on behalf of a political party trying to spread its wings.
A common friend wrote to me saying that I must physically campaign for our friend.

My response (you need to understand Bangla):
"Aamar gayer rang'ta kaalo hoe jaabe bujhecho toh. Aamake koekta sundor dekhe gaamcha kinte hobe. Bheja gaamchai onek shanti paabo. Aabar keu bolbe na toh je aamra chakranto korchi".

(English translation: "I'll get dark. I need to buy a couple of cute looking traditional cloth towels. Wet towels will keep me in peace. Hopefully nobody is going to say that this too is a conspiracy" .... that's my manifesto).

If 'ALL' sized actors (nyekis!) of yesteryears can do such nautankis on national TV channels, can the campaigners be left far behind :P  :P  :P

P.S: This is a post by me on my Facebook wall on April 5, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment